Sell-to-Server Rework Suggestion
As many of you know, the current STS is very underwhelming. I am here to suggest a change to the prices that would create a mediocre way of making money other than mining or selling on GTS. Catching Pokémon is a large part of the server and Pixelmon as a whole.
Base price seems to affect the other prices.
I feel like this part of the system should stay. It makes sense to have the other prices scale with the base price.
To get a better understanding of the system, I have given the current prices below.
*Please note that there are probably a few prices that I am missing.
The current prices for the stats of a Pokémon are:
- Base Price (Set price): 35 for normal Pokémon of all evolutions, 1550 for ultra beasts, and a mix of 1500, 2500, and 3000 for the legendaries.
- Legendary: 2000 if the base price is 3000 and 1500 if the base price is 2500 (does not include ultra beasts)
- Shiny: If legendary and 3000 then 1000, if legendary and 2500 then 750, if ultra beast then 525, and if normal Pokémon then 300.
- Level: Level 100 is an extra 100 but only for normal Pokémon for some reason. No bonus for any other level.
- Hidden Ability: 40 for normal Pokémon and 500 for legendaries.
- IVs: 15 per max IV stat (31) for normal Pokémon, 65 for ultra beasts, 100 for some legendaries, and 150 for the rest.
Suggested Change to Prices
What would help the economy by setting new, higher prices for legendaries on GTS would create a valid money-making source. I suggest tripling the legend and ultra beast prices because of the absurdly low current reward for turning them in. If the prices really are based on the Pokémon's base price, then tripling that price for every legend and ultra beast would boost them enough to be semi-viable but still not reach the prices they go for on GTS. Having a higher base price for STS would also give a little more competition between just selling to the server rather than selling to a player. For the normal Pokémon, I believe the base price of 35 should be the most common and least viable Pokémon in the game instead of the current 35 for all non-legend Pokémon. Having the base price scale with rarity and use in battle would make this system so much better. Rarity, usage, and evolution line should all be taken into account when setting a base price for a Pokémon. One last thing would be to add a bonus for levels other than 100. This change would give breeders a chance to make some mediocre money.
To sum up what I've suggested in an easy-to-understand list:
- Triple legend and ultra beast prices (and have the others scale with the change).
- Create custom base prices for normal Pokémon (Magikarp 35 while Garchomp is 250 as an example).
- Make the level of the Pokémon give a bonus even if not at 100.
- Add a price for the evolution and if no evolution line then base it off of rarity.
Leave some comments if you have something to add or disagree with. I am way too lazy to proofread.