Wow, a month has already flown by. We only just reopened on the 26th of December but it seems like time is flying by quickly! Unfortunately the holidays are over and it’s time to move on :( However, not too far around the corner do I see cupids arrows- so be on the lookout for some Valentines Day related events, items, and maybe Cupid will even stop by to drop off his own kit?
We did really well in terms of meeting our donation goals last month. Everybody who has donated has been extremely generous and we went above and beyond our initial goal (250%!) So I’d like to give a MASSIVE thank you to all involved, and like I always say if you don't have any money to donate that's OK! You can still help support us for free by voting for TheNodeMC which is just as important!
As many of you may know, the developers of Pixelmon have released Pixelmon 7.0 with a barrage of new additions: (found here: https://reforged.gg/) We are working to get everything working, though naturally with large updates like this a lot of things break. Please be patient with us whilst we try to get that up and running as we would prefer to deliver a high quality update than a hastily scrapped together and rushed update.
We have also updated our very own modpack to PixelNode 1.6.0. This update includes a few quality of life improvements, and a couple new mods:
- Bounties! - Check out the Bounty Boards at spawn's Town Square for time-based tasks to complete for some nice rewards! There are four tiers of bounties, and the boards will refill randomly so make sure you keep checking back to earn more rewards!
- Aquaculture - Catch over 30 new fish with a brand new series of rods and tools. Each biome has new types of fish with randomized weights that can be turned into fish filets and food, as well as shiny new loot you can catch while fishing! (Including the fabled Neptunium tools or armor!)
- Blockcraftery - Adds a series of framed blocks can be placed in the world then given another block's texture by right-clicking; create your own stairs, slabs, walls, slants, and corners without fumbling around with chisels and bits!
- Placeable Items - Allows you to place items such as potions and food and adds a few new blocks to decorate your home, granary, artist gallery, stable, and many more. Tons of items even have fun interactions you can enjoy by right-clicking.
- QOL improvements: Added BadWitherNoCookie, FastLeafDecay, and CustomNPCs. Fixed recipes for Thermal Centrifuge and Pattern Storage.
- Server changes: Added /lastlegend, New scoreboard, Improved VoteParty visibility
The full changelog can be viewed at https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/the-pixel-node-pack.1227991/changelog
As always, we’d love to hear feedback from our community! So if you have any ideas for new mods, plugins, or events or even if you don't like something and would like to see something changed or removed please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on our discord: https://discord.gg/thenodemc or leave a post on the forums!
We have also had some recent changes to staff, I'm very pleased to announce the following additions and promotions:
New Trainees: Ferengi
New Mods: TheEndBringer, Karebearr13
It's going to be a really busy month for us all preparing for the Pixelmon 7.0 release as well as for our Valentines festivities, so be on the lookout for info on that soon!
Leave a comment below letting us know what Pokemon addition are you looking forward to the most in 7.0 and a random winner will be selected to win that Pokemon when we update!
Thanks for reading and see you soon,
- TheNode Staff Team